Welcome to Wayne Metals
Wayne Metals, LLC was formed on February 16, 2001 when Greg Myers and Jerome Henry acquired the assets of I-Corp, d/b/a Wayne Metal Products. Greg assumed the role of president/CEO that day, and production as a new company began on February 19, 2001. The new owners and all of the employees confidently look forward to a financially strong and productive future.
Wayne Metal Products opened in 1945 producing Special Equipment parts for International Harvester in Fort Wayne. The company moved from Fort Wayne to Markle in 1952, and changed ownership in 1961. At that time the company employed 18 people. After much growth a new 45,000 square foot facility was built in Markle. Another change in ownership occurred in 1978 and those owners remained in place until the purchase in 2001 and the new name of Wayne Metals, LLC.
The facility occupies 135,000 square feet on 17 acres. Wayne Metals, LLC has capabilities including laser and plasma burning, punch presses through 500 tons, press brakes through 400 tons, robotic welding and a high volume wet paint and powder coat facility. Customers include companies in the transportation, industrial equipment and consumer products industries. Markets served are worldwide.
The company has a long standing reputation for being an innovative leader in stamping, fabrication and finishing. The recent addition of powder coating further enhances the company’s capabilities. Ultra modern information systems assist in the ability of the company to always deliver on time and in many cases just-in-time.
To be recognized in the contract metal stamping, fabrication, machining and finishing industry as an innovative leader providing extra-ordinary levels of service and parts that meet customers specifications.
To be viewed by our employees as an outstanding employer.
To be recognized in the business community as an exemplary citizen.
- Maintain a safe work environment for our team members. Reduce OSHA recordables 50% and maintain goal of zero lost time hours.
- Improve quality performance with all customers by reducing incident rate 50%.
- Improve delivery to all customers to 99% on-time delivery each month.
- Increase earned hours by 20% across critical departments.
- Create a culture that fosters a fundamental sense of teamwork with a spirit of cooperation, collaboration, trust, accountability and respect for each other to install a cohesive work environment to achieve common goals.
- Work to prevent spills in and on our campus to protect our health and environment, continual improvement with promoting and sustaining our ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and maintain compliance with all compliance regulations and other requirements required by the State of Indiana and the EPA.
“Wayne Metals LLC is committed to employee health and safety, environmental protection, compliance to regulatory requirements, and other requirements to which we subscribe, through a strategy of continual improvement and teamwork”.
The foundation for achieving our commitment is based upon:
- Striving for the elimination of health and safety hazards and prevention of pollution by maintaining environmental, health, and safety management as core values.
- Providing leadership for environmental, health, and safety improvement through management example and employee involvement and empowerment.
- Developing and utilizing environmentally acceptable, safe, and efficient production methods and processes.